Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22













Sometimes, you see something that is unbelievable, and you just can't stop thinking about it.  You wish that you'd stopped to take a picture, mostly to prove to yourself, later, that you really DID see what you thought you saw.

I saw this yard full of vacuum cleaners in Denver.  Didn't take a picture.  Ate lunch.  Drove around.  Thought about the yard full of vacuum cleaners.  Went back.  Took a picture.

But I still can't explain why they are there - there wasn't a garage sale sign, and no one seemed to be monitoring the appliances.  

I think my favorite part is that two of them are elevated, perched on plastic boxes.  I want to think they are the best vacuums (however one might judge that) and earned the right to spend the day two feet higher than the rest.

Somewhere in Denver, Colorado


photographed 6.20.2008

No comments:

Post a Comment