Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4



















Dear Hurricane Alex,

Don't get me wrong.  It was lovely of you to think about stopping by for a visit.  Didn't I even say that in my blog on Thursday?

We enjoy having company.  You know how it is - you get to hear some new stories or tell old ones to a different crowd, maybe go to a nice restaurant for dinner.  It breaks up the day to day routines.

But, really, Hurricane Alex, you need to go.  We are tired of you.  We don't like the rain.  We hate the flooding.  Devotees of the 82nd Street Starbucks, which CAVED IN FROM RAIN, are really angry.  In fact, if I were you, I'd go ahead and leave town now, quickly, before the caffeine withdrawls set in.  Some of those folks are going to be downright mean.

So, Hurricane Alex, this is it.  We are over.  Please do not contact me again.

Your former friend,
Melinda
Lubbock, Texas

photo - picnic shelter Chas. A Guy Park

No comments:

Post a Comment